Just 17 seconds to the life you want (and your personalised affirmations).
By Amy Crawford
Consider this. You are who you are, on every level (be it relationships, health, family experiences, money etc) because you have practised vibrations that have brought you to this very place, to a point of consistent attraction, on every subject imaginable. Nothing you are experiencing is just happening to you, it is happening in response to thousands of patterns of thoughts you have every single day. WE are the creators of our experience so we must therefore deliberately create those experiences we desire.
These are the teachings of Esther Hicks, an inspirational author and speaker whose messages ring loud and clear in my CTC practise every day. I see it on so many levels, the limiting beliefs of hundreds of clients that define their reality ("I never have any money", "I am always tired", "I wake up at 4am every night", "I am always stressed", "I always pick guys who hurt me" and on it goes). What I have come to understand more than ever, is that WE are the power; once we start guiding our thoughts and behaviours in a direction that we desire we witness our growth and potential and experience the joyous life we desire.
Last week I spoke about the power and purpose of inspirational affirmations. As promised, today I am responding to your specific requests for affirmations to help you manifest or attract the life you desire. But before I share these it is important to discuss how we must deliver these inspirational affirmations. There is an art to positive thinking!
Esther Hicks tells us that by holding a thought for just 17 seconds, the law of attraction kicks in. Hold it for as long as 68 seconds and things shift enough for a discerning eye to see that manifestation has begun - this is hugely powerful stuff. What is essential here, is that you must be telling a story of how you WANT things to be, not how they currently are.
So, when speaking your affirmations, you have to be consciously awareness of your thoughts and they must be pure, we must not let our ego take over and allow doubt and fear to creep in (for example, saying "Money comes easily and freely every day" but finishing it off with this afterthought "...but I have to work so very hard to get it because that's the way it's always been.." is not a pure thought). The more regularly we speak these affirmations the better. In my view they are best spoken first thing in the morning, setting a positive tone for the day; then last thing at night, allowing us to 'marinade' in the beautifully positive words. Choose to say as many affirmations below as you wish, perhaps 3-5 times each. Whether you say them out loud or to yourself is entirely up to you - whatever evokes the most connection.
- I am vital, energized and in perfect divine health.
- I nourish my body lovingly with food and beverages. It rewards me with vibrant health and energy.
- Money comes into my life easily and effortlessly.
- Every day I am attracting and saving more and more money.
- I attract loving people into my life every day for they are a reflection of who I am.
Letting go of the past (care of my dear friend Joanne Antoun)
- I let go of all people, things and experiences that are no longer part of my greater destiny and I ask that they let go of me too. I move forward quickly into my greater destiny.
- I love myself. I feel beautiful in my own skin. I love myself.
- Whatever I am guided to do will be a success. I have within me all the ingredients for success.
- I go from success to success in all that I do.
Calm & peace
- Calmness washes over me with every breath that I take.
- Every moment of every day I am becoming more and more at peace.
Do you have any favourite affirmations you have used and had success with? Please feel free to share them below.